BLU CRU Pramac Yamaha MotoGP
BLU CRU Pramac Yamaha MotoGP
Weather Conditions on Australian GP Sunday End BLU CRU Pramac Yamaha Moto2's Hopes of Racing
Due to poor visibility conditions affecting the medical helicopter, meaning medical evacuation and transport to a hospital could not be guaranteed if required and resulting in multiple delays to the Grand Prix of Australia Sunday race schedule, it was ultimately decided to cancel the Moto2 Race.
BLU CRU Pramac Yamaha MotoGP
Phillip Island (Australia), 25th October 2026
Due to ongoing poor visibility at the Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit today affecting the medical helicopter operations and causing multiple delays, the Grand Prix of Australia Moto2 Race has been cancelled.

BLU CRU Pramac Yamaha Moto2's Izan Guevara and Alberto Ferrández were keen on racing in front of the Australian fans in the scheduled 23-lap race. Unfortunately, persistent rain throughout the day continued to cause visibility issues, resulting in significant delays to the schedule.

As conditions failed to improve sufficiently, it was decided that racing for the lower classes was not feasible and that both the Moto3 and Moto2 races had to be cancelled. Ultimately, also the MotoGP race was cancelled later in the day.

Though the BLU CRU Pramac Yamaha Moto2 Team and its riders were disappointed not to be able to race today, there's a consensus on the decision that safety should come first.

The BLU CRU Pramac Yamaha Moto2 teammates will be back in action next week for the Grand Prix of Malaysia, held at the Sepang International Circuit, from 30 October to 1 November.
ALEX DE ANGELIS
ALEX DE ANGELIS
Team Manager, BLU CRU Pramac Yamaha Moto2
"We are confident that Race Direction made this decision with the safety of our riders in mind, and we fully respect it. Of course, we are very disappointed because today was a really important opportunity for us. The sessions had already shown that Izan and the BLU CRU Pramac Yamaha Moto2 package were working extremely well in the wet.

"It's even more frustrating because we believe both riders could have achieved something significant. Izan had the potential to fight for a strong result, while Alberto was also in a position to target a top-10 finish, if not more.

"It's a great shame, and naturally we feel a lot of regret – also for the fans here who waited all this time in these conditions – but we understand that the decision was made in the best interest of the riders. We'll have another opportunity to show our potential at the next Grand Prix."
IZAN GUEVARA
IZAN GUEVARA
BLU CRU Pramac Yamaha Moto2 Rider
"After a very positive weekend, in which we were competitive in both wet and dry conditions, I think we had a great opportunity to fight for a strong result. It could have been an important race for the championship, especially as we knew we could be very competitive in the wet and potentially recover valuable points. However, the riders' safety had to come first. If something had happened, the medical helicopter would not have been able to land in Melbourne, so the decision was understandable.

"We know there will be opportunities to recover points over the coming weekends. We need to stay focused and continue working in the same way. Now all our attention is on the Malaysian Grand Prix."
ALBERTO FERRÁNDEZ
ALBERTO FERRÁNDEZ
BLU CRU Pramac Yamaha Moto2 Rider
"Unfortunately, we weren't able to race today, and Race Direction made this decision because, given the conditions, it was the safest option for everyone. I'm disappointed because I really believed we had a good opportunity to get a strong result, especially after showing how competitive we were in the wet in FP2, staying near the front throughout that session.

"Now we have a few extra days to recover before Malaysia. I'll keep focusing on my recovery, working to improve my physical condition, and getting ready for the next race."
Best shots
Pictures for editorial use only. Copyright ©2026 Pramac Racing Ltd
Contacts